Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Wednesday 21 January 2009

The Bois and Music

First a weight update.

Weight on 1/17 - 51.7
Weight on 1/21 - 50.8

Yes! I'm over half way there. Perhaps those of you who guessed 2 weeks on the poll were right (but then again, I may stall). The secret has not been giving up chocolate. The secret has just been eating fewer calories overall.

Now, as for the part about music.

When I think back to the historic inaguration of Barak Obama, I will remember it with happiness. Partly because the USA inaugurated its first black president and partly because The Lorax had a baby orgasm as Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and Anthony McGill performed the John Williams version of 'Tis a Gift to be Simple. He was standing in front of the tv, grabbing onto Yo-Yo's cello, with body convulsing, smiling and screaming in excitement.

This is not strange behavior for The Lorax. Starting two months ago, we noticed he was dancing along to the music at a Mexican restaurant. Around that same time, we put a flower music box with a pull-string in his crib. The first night the flower was in there, he just kept pulling the string to hear the song over and over and over until his little corpus was so tired that he finally fell asleep.

He has, since that time, danced to all the music we have on. He has even been attempting to play our keyboard. Today for the first time, he actually sang along to "Groove is In the Heart" by Deee-Lite. Okay, he didn't sing the words, but he immitated that background wind instrument that slides up and down.

I have to say I am amazed by this. Have other parents have similar experiences? Has your baby become very musical right before becoming verbal (he only says "mama", "dada", "dahtin" (who knows what that means) so far)?

I have to wonder if he's experiencing synesthesia. Is that why he has these baby orgasms?

I'll leave you with his favorite dancing song:

Man. I'm a man machine.
Check out my style 'cause I'm goin' real wild.
I'm pluggin' in keyboards one at a time.
And then I've got a song got a song in no time.

My Secret Lover by Private

No comments: