Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Our Wedding

I did not know it would be so meaningful to have a traditional wedding.

SR and I were officially married a year and a half ago in the US. It was just a tiny ceremony so I could apply for my opholdstilladelse in Denamrk.

But last Saturday, we had a dream wedding. I didn't have big expectations. But it was, well, perfect. The real thing, with a long white dress and a thousand and one Danish traditions. So meaningful and wonderful.

My dad accompanied me down the aisle of Gladsaxe Kirke, a church built in the 12th century.



We promised our lives to each other again. We both cried during the cermony, but pulled ourselves together.

Then we actually started running.


Ha ha. Just kidding. It's just a nice artsy/blurry picture.

Below are my beautiful flower girs: my step-daughter and my niece.

The Lorax tends to find ways to distract himself when necessary.

And the dress only cost $200! It was hand-made in the US after my specifications and then SR's mom did the alterations. She is such a talented seamstress.

The reception was at Experimentarium, the hands-on science museum in Copenhagen, where SR's father is the director. Here is a friend testing his lung capacity.

We had dinner in the museum cafe. There were many tearful speeches. It was incredible. SR's brother actually started crying before his speech began.

We then enjoyed a cake which had a picture of SR and I on it. I chose one where he had his shirt off so we could cut a piece of cake with a picture of his armpit hair on top. Yum. (Oh, by the way, I did shave my armpits for the wedding, in case you were all wondering)

The little lord stayed awake until nearly midnight.

The rest of the weekend was spent with family and friends at SR's family summer house in the seaside village of Nødebohuse. Below is a picture from my sister's fiance (who some of you may remember from previous posts as The Artiste).
Below is a picture from the beach behind the house. That is my sister flying the kite.

A weekend of love and happiness.


Is this really my life? Sometimes I have to pinch myself.

Stay tuned to the blog for (hopefully) daily reports from the Transalpine Race, which begins this Saturday Sept. 5th in Oberstdorf, Germany.

Running/Dancing song of the Day: Concrete and Clay by Unit 4 + 2

7 comments:

Olga said...

Congratulations, Tracey...again...and again:) It is wonderful when a year and half after you tie the knot you can do it all over again - and be as happy or even more. I'd propose to do it every few years! I think this could be an awesome tradition and a great gut check. If 10-20-30 years later the heart still jumps, it's oh-so-worth it to stay another decade:) Give my love to family.

cherelli said...

Congratulations! Some absolutely beautiful pictures :)

H said...

Congrats on your second wedding. :)

sea legs girl said...

Olga, I'd love to get married again and again, too, if only there weren't so much stress and money involved! But who am I kidding? It was all SO worth it.

Thanks Cherelli and Heather!

SteveQ said...

Is it really a wedding without a Bridezilla, a foul-mouthed minister and a drunken motorcycle gang? Well, it looks like it was a wonderful event anyway. Congrats.

Michelle said...

Awww, congrats!! It looks like the perfect day! :-)

My 10-year wedding anniversary is next month, and you couldn't pay me to do the ceremony again! Too much stress, and ours wasn't that big!! LOL!

Danni said...

Congrats! I love love love your dress. And that's the best picture of lord lorax.