Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Saturday 23 July 2011

Guess this is it...

Can anyone seriously sleep after their water breaks?? Mine (of course) just broke at 2am. Not only is it exciting, but it is uncomfortable! SR could not have said it better: "well, he just went from the shape of a beach ball to a turkey." Our little turkey. I just can't wait to see him!!

I just posted the big news on Facebook and couldn't believe how quickly responses started coming. Facebook is fun sometimes.

Right now I am having kind of irregular but very strong contractions between sips of coffee and bites of my breakfast (toast, if you're interested).

We're supposed to meet the midwife at 9am unless things progress really quickly. I guess time will tell.

UPDATE - The last three contractions were just four-five minutes apart. It's getting close and I am SO EXCITED!!!

The last week has been pretty rough with contractions for about 12 hours a day every day that were regular and painful in the back, but then they would just peter out or disappear. But yesterday, the infamous "mucous plug/bloody show" landed in my undewear and I figured things were getting closer. (it was right after I had returned home from 45 minutes spinnning, 45 minutes elliptical, 1½ hours circle training (high intensity training for the whole body) and a 20 minute run (this was after having been up half of the night with contractions). When exercising and my pulse rose over 140, I had a painful, long contraction every time. I figured if all this didn't start the labor, nothing in my power could.

Maybe it worked. Or maybe it was just time. It is exactly 39 weeks today, one day earlier than the birth of The Lorax.

Hope your day is less painful than mine!

11 comments:

wildknits said...

Here is to a smooth transition through the stages of labor.

Welcome little one!

Anonymous said...

Happy times! Good luck!

heather said...

Woohoo! Good luck! Can't wait to see a photo :)

Diana said...

Good luck!!! Looking forward to seeing the pics of the new baby!

mmmonyka said...

Good luck today!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations; Wishing a safe delivery!

Coach Jen said...

How exciting! Good luck for a quick and easy labor.

FB can be fun for the quick feedback and news sharing!

cherelli said...

Yay SLG! I look forward to the report!

SteveQ said...

I'm guessing he's arrived by now. So... what's the Danish pronunciation of Mattias, anyway?

Anonymous said...

I keep checking for an update! I hope that all is well with your family plus the new little one.

Olga said...

Congratulations on a new baby, Mattias is a lovely name, and glad you were able to exercise first day out!