Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Monday 24 October 2011

Treadmill PR

Sometimes I guess you need to kick energy and happiness back into yourself! I woke up with a cold and cough and am boarding a 9 hour transatlantic flight tonight with two little boys. I've had a workout routine this past week where I run 16.5 miles every other day in Lapham Peak segment of the Ice Age Trail and on the other days cross train, but also run a fast 5k on the treadmill at the YMCA. I didn't think I had it in me to run it fast today, but boy am I glad I did. After an hour run + CX works (great core class! wow.), I ran a 20:46 5k (3.1 miles) on the treadmill and basically fell over with exhaustion afterwards, but my cold is gone. Now I'm ready for the flight. (I guess I should specify - it's just a PR for the treadmill and not an overall PR, but maybe that was obvious).

I am really going to miss the luxury of having day care at the Y.

As an aside, I've decided this persona exists at every workout center worldwide: cachectic female who spends hours on end on elliptical/stair stepper, not working up a sweat but leafing through a magazine, wearing a heavy sweatshirt. Anyone else spotted her?

Question of the day: how is hegemony pronounced? I heard someone say it on the radio in a way that rhymed with rice a roni. I always thought it was heGEMmany

Here are some pictures I took yesterday of the aforementioned Lapham Peak section of the Ice Age Trail. I may just look back on these longingly from Denmark.










6 comments:

DDitlev said...

Congrats on the PR, nice speed! Running really do wonders on a cold at least that is my personal experience also. I've started 2 marathons with a cold that was gone by the end of them. That trail looks really inviting would love to run it someday :)

Danni said...

I really can't imagine how you run 16 miles every other day. 10 is my work-week max... and I don't even have kids. Maybe if I did I'd want to be gone that long every day... (ha ha ha)

pernille said...

beautiful trail. I can understand that you'll long for it when in DK.

Kirsten said...

I see her and her friends every time I'm on a treadmill....and am pissed of even it's none of my business!
Lovely pictures - and you're going back, remember that when you are down!

Annie said...

I know those girls from my workout center too and I have had quite some fun observing her and her male counterparts: http://www.eftertanker.dk/2011/08/livet-set-fra-lbebandet-2_10.html (in danish)

Ali Sufian said...

very cool and wonderful life.