Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Friday 3 October 2008

Back to the Good Life

I had the most wonderful run yesterday in the flickering golden light of the cool woods. Maybe 16 miles.

The step-daughter situation isn't bothering me anymore. I was thinking about all of your comments and was really comforted. Wow... and all the things I said to my mom back in the day that I would take back now!

Anyway, how could I not be happy? I was paid nearly $400 last night for four hours of sitting and studying Danish and watching the VP debate (slow night in the Urgent Care). Plus, I'm in love with this guy who I still can't believe is my husband.

And then there's The Lorax.





Running Songs of The Day: 1. Journey of the Featherless by Cloud Cult (Thanks, SteveQ) 2. Whenever You Need Me by Infernal

3 comments:

SteveQ said...

I got to see Cloud Cult in concert (they're locals); the line "I could use your lips on me... and a little bit of dramamine" makes me laugh.

The only Danish author I can name is Kierkegaard, so I won't be taking up that difficult language. Of course, he makes me laugh, too.

Olga said...

The Bois always was cutie pie, but now - oh, boy!

Anonymous said...

Good girl! Sounds like you're back in the zone. I love that you're all, "oh, maybe 16 miles ..." I am obsessive about tracking my miles on my Garmin. Good for you for goin' with the flow and where the trail takes you.