Photo from the 2014 Ice Age Trail 50 Miler by Ali Engin. Permission to use header photo must be obtained through Ali Elgin.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

Friday, 3 October 2008

Back to the Good Life

I had the most wonderful run yesterday in the flickering golden light of the cool woods. Maybe 16 miles.

The step-daughter situation isn't bothering me anymore. I was thinking about all of your comments and was really comforted. Wow... and all the things I said to my mom back in the day that I would take back now!

Anyway, how could I not be happy? I was paid nearly $400 last night for four hours of sitting and studying Danish and watching the VP debate (slow night in the Urgent Care). Plus, I'm in love with this guy who I still can't believe is my husband.

And then there's The Lorax.





Running Songs of The Day: 1. Journey of the Featherless by Cloud Cult (Thanks, SteveQ) 2. Whenever You Need Me by Infernal

3 comments:

SteveQ said...

I got to see Cloud Cult in concert (they're locals); the line "I could use your lips on me... and a little bit of dramamine" makes me laugh.

The only Danish author I can name is Kierkegaard, so I won't be taking up that difficult language. Of course, he makes me laugh, too.

olga said...

The Bois always was cutie pie, but now - oh, boy!

Roselanwa said...

Good girl! Sounds like you're back in the zone. I love that you're all, "oh, maybe 16 miles ..." I am obsessive about tracking my miles on my Garmin. Good for you for goin' with the flow and where the trail takes you.