Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Sunday 15 March 2009

Back in the USA

I just have time for a quick post.

We flew back Thursday for a 1 week visit to the US. SR is signed up for a shift working in a rural ER from Friday to Sunday morning. On the way to work, he picked up step-son and ste-daughter from school. They had one hour together and then we he was supposed to leave, step-daughter screamed, cried and refused to get out of the car. So she ended up spending the whole weekend with him in the call room!

We'll be spending the rest of the week with the step kids... I can't wait!

I just finished a 9 hour work day today. But other than that, I've gotten to spend a lot of time with the family here. The Lorax has been playing a lot of piano and keyboard. My grandma is quite the pianist and was willing to play a long duet with him. Then when we were in Target, we went by a display with piano music playing and he started pressing his fingers on the front of the cart as if he was playing. What a cutie.

I hadn't seen a treadmill since I left the USA. When I got on one to try out my old 5k intervals, I was disappointed that my fastest was 22 minutes. I've been battling with a knee problem ever since the marathon two months ago. I used to think that my speed was determined by my weight. But now I can clearly see that with less training, I've gotten slower.

Well, I've got to go relieve my mom of The Lorax. I'll have to post pictures later.

Running Song of The Day: Bag of Hammers by Thao Nguyen

1 comment:

Danni said...

5k intervals? How many do you do? Crazy lady!!!

Sometimes performance has to do with the day you're having more than anything else. I doubt trans-atlantic travel is conducive to peak performance.