Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Tuesday 24 November 2009

Faster, thinner, richer

Let's take it in reverse order.

Richer

I just sent in an application for around 2.5 million kroner (half a million dollars) to a private fund to support the PhD project I'm about to start. And, yes, all that money goes to my salary. Just kidding.

Thinner

Weighed 51.7 kg this morning. Not much of a loss, but at least I'm not gaining.

Faster

Ran 6 miles today to drop off the Lorax at day care followed by 3 x 1.03 miles (that is the length of our local track according to my Garmin) over lunch. Times were 6:39, 6:35, 6:45. That's 20 seconds off last week's intervals on the same track.

Miscellaneous

I found a really cool 80k race on March 20th in Paris (we are considering it):http://www.traildeparis.com/pages/public/index.php?v=event&id=6&cid=71

Great cool down song from Ethiopia: The Response by Tommy T (featuring Gigi)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh!!! I'm jealous because.... I have no funding for my PhD.... I can only run a 7:30 mile... and I am compulsively finishing the Halloween candy....

Olga said...

I've been getting PR's on every loop I typically run last 2 weeks...yesterday I did 2 runs and both shaved 2 min from each (one road 6M, and one trail 6M). I am surely not richer - my ex decided to abandon the house my name is still on, and I am facing short sale and ruined credit. Nor am I slimmer, though last week I was at my best, but this week I am on period, so it's 4+lbs...usual, but upsetting to see the number.