Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Monday 12 July 2010

Maybe there is more than a pot in that belly

So I have a notoriously bad relationship with Danish pregnancy tests. And I have had PTSD when I even look at a pregnancy test after I had so many in a row that didn't seem to work at all.

But I know you're all scrolling down anyway, just to see whether or not I'm pregnant. When I was 5 days late for my period today, I decided it was time to buy the brand I have found to be most clearly negative in the past: "Apotekets Graviditetstest" (and thus the best)

So, I peed on one and, after 3 minutes, there was no second line. But when I returned to it 5 minutes later, gosh darn it, there was a second pink line there. 2 hours later I took another and after 7-8 minutes, there was that same pink line. I don't know, can you even see the lines?



Well, SR and I can. And we're really excited. We had actually tried to avoid (my) getting pregnant this month due to our summer vacation, Voyageur and the Ironman, but, whoops, maybe we weren't that careful.

And, just in case you aren't convinced yet that I'm pregnant (just like I wasn't), I took a 3rd test with SR and The Lorax and the same faint pink line was there.


What does a woman with a 2 week old fetus look like after a 100 km bike ride and a 20 mile run on the hottest weekend in Danish history, you ask?



Running song of the day: Rebecca St. Claire by The Modern Skirts. Actually, it's not that great to run to, but I really look forward to singing it and playing it on the guitar when we arrive in the US (and I am reunited with a guitar!).

26 comments:

May-Britt Hansen said...

Congratulations to the both of you :-)

Meghan said...

Congrats, little family! Wow and how exciting!

SteveQ said...

Congrats on being one of the 60% of women who can correctly read a pregnancy test (med school pays off!)

Placental lactogen or chorionic gonadotropin test?

I peed on a stick today, too - that's just trail running.

Coach Jen said...

Congratulations! :-)

Just take it easy and enjoy the upcoming races, racing while pregnant really changedmy mindset and actually made me enjoy it a little more.

Olga said...

You can still do the 50 and the Ironman, may be just puke a few too many times, but then again, may be you get lucky and get by without:)

Emily P said...

Oh wow, how exciting! Congratulations and best wishes to the whole family.

Ellen said...

A big congratulations!

Unknown said...

How wonderful!!!! Congrats to you and your whole family :)
Yay for babies!!

Karen said...

Congrats!

PiccolaPineCone said...

*GIRLY SQUEAL* OMIGOD! You're pregnant! (she knows Piccola, she knows, she just just blogged about it) BUT OMIGOD you're pregnant! *GIRLY SQUEAL*
there is NO denying the existence of that pink line. GO FETUS!

Helen said...

Congrats!

Now go buy yourself some non-pink and blue running shorts as a pregnancy gift :)

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal said...

Congrats! I'm a recent follower and I'm preggo too :)

mmmonyka said...

Congratulations!

amy said...

So exciting! I look forward to following your training throughout. Congrats!

Jrahn said...

Just as I'm leaving the puke-filled first trimester, you're entering it. Congratulations!

Just remember to please take it easy on your expectations for yourself. I worry for you....

Danni said...

Yay congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! So many prayers and thoughts your way! Running for 2 is fantastic.

cldevall said...

Congrats SLG!

amazon said...

Congrats! You make me think maybe I haven't been patient enough with the tests I've taken...

Fast Bastard - World's Fastest Hematologist said...

Me: why are you glowing?

Sea Legs: what, didn't you read my blog?

Ok, not really.

SteveQ said...

My comment came out meaner than it was meant - I just usually reserve the congratulations for 9 months or so. If it's a girl, are you going to name her "Helle"?

Alee said...

Congratulations! I'm a new follower and love your blog. Nice to meet you!

Alee
aleeanddan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Kæmpe stort tillykke til jer begge. Jeg læser først din blog nu - og er ked af, jeg ikke får sagt tillykke før nu. Hvor er det bare super skønt.

Mange tillykke-knus

Henriette

cherelli said...

Congratulations SLG!!! Hope this pregnancy is just as awesome as the last one!

Diana said...

What wonderful news! Congrats to you!

Kate said...

I'm late to the party in reading this news, but many congrats to you!