Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Friday 19 April 2013

Madison, Minnesconsin Part II

So a while ago I wrote about this fictitious perfect midwestern town called Madision, Minnesconsin.

As of yesterday, it looks like SR got a job there starting in September. I think I'd prefer to allow him to reveal the true name of our future home.

Now that I have gotten all of my feelings about Denmark off my chest (in the last post), I can start looking forward to the actual future. And doing things like finding a school for the boys (hopefully a Waldorf school) and figuring out how I will "commute" to work in Denmark. These things have a way of working themselves out. And I have to admit I'm excited about SR's job and the location.

In the meantime, I have to figure out how to get myself to run a ½ marathon PR on Sunday at BT Half Marathon There will be 10,000 participants!! I hear the route is fast, I just hope I am, too.

**********************

This weekend offers a couple other great running events, that I have participated in before and highly recommend.

Copenhagen Ultramarathon in Albertslund and

Brøderupløbet in Tappernøje. (great trail half marathon!)

I seriously considered running the 100k in Albertslund, but have to stick to the sub 3 marathon trainig plan if it is ever going to become a reality. After that, I will allow myself to give ultras another serious try.

3 comments:

mmmonyka said...

Congrats to SR!

And good luck in your HM race. I am excited to see how you do because you seem to be on fire!

SteveQ said...

Menominee is half-way between Madison Wisconsin and Madison Minnesota. That's be a good place to be.

Jaxson corey said...

Some great thoughts, and I'll certainly take it onboard with my writing. I can't help but think you should take a look at a film called 'Freedom Deep' when talking about 'Book of Eli'. The Denzel film shares a staggering amount of similarities to this independent Australian film, particularly the main characters and themes. Hell, even a lot of the shots and scenes are familiar! Keep up the good work, this blog is worth its weight in gold!
Accounts Software For Small Business
Simran Kaur