Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"Children are fascinated by the ordinary and can spend timeless moments watching sunlight play with dust. Their restlessness they learn from you. It is you who are thinking of there when you are here. It is you who thinks of then instead of now. Stop. Let your children become the teachers and you the student" - William Martin

Share It

Friday, 19 April 2013

Madison, Minnesconsin Part II

So a while ago I wrote about this fictitious perfect midwestern town called Madision, Minnesconsin.

As of yesterday, it looks like SR got a job there starting in September. I think I'd prefer to allow him to reveal the true name of our future home.

Now that I have gotten all of my feelings about Denmark off my chest (in the last post), I can start looking forward to the actual future. And doing things like finding a school for the boys (hopefully a Waldorf school) and figuring out how I will "commute" to work in Denmark. These things have a way of working themselves out. And I have to admit I'm excited about SR's job and the location.

In the meantime, I have to figure out how to get myself to run a ½ marathon PR on Sunday at BT Half Marathon There will be 10,000 participants!! I hear the route is fast, I just hope I am, too.

**********************

This weekend offers a couple other great running events, that I have participated in before and highly recommend.

Copenhagen Ultramarathon in Albertslund and

Brøderupløbet in Tappernøje. (great trail half marathon!)

I seriously considered running the 100k in Albertslund, but have to stick to the sub 3 marathon trainig plan if it is ever going to become a reality. After that, I will allow myself to give ultras another serious try.

3 comments:

mmmonyka said...

Congrats to SR!

And good luck in your HM race. I am excited to see how you do because you seem to be on fire!

SteveQ said...

Menominee is half-way between Madison Wisconsin and Madison Minnesota. That's be a good place to be.

Jaxson Corey said...

Some great thoughts, and I'll certainly take it onboard with my writing. I can't help but think you should take a look at a film called 'Freedom Deep' when talking about 'Book of Eli'. The Denzel film shares a staggering amount of similarities to this independent Australian film, particularly the main characters and themes. Hell, even a lot of the shots and scenes are familiar! Keep up the good work, this blog is worth its weight in gold!
Accounts Software For Small Business
Simran Kaur