Photo from the 2014 Ice Age Trail 50 Miler by Ali Engin. Permission to use header photo must be obtained through Ali Elgin.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

Thursday, 10 January 2008

I felt you in my legs before I even met you

Emotions have been running amok the last couple of days. I am in a tranquil place right now, though, after a run, bike & swim. But earlier this morning, I spent an hour crying happily, losing control, not believing how amazing life is.

I guess it began yesterday morning when I was looking through SR's old pictures, which happen to be on our computer. There is a whole life there before he knew me, which is hard for me to admit. It is strange that no matter what I do now, I can never have an effect on his previous life. Sometimes I believe that just by looking at his old pictures, his old life will become my life, too.

I stare at these pictures, wishing I could introduce myself to this guy who doesn't know me and seems to have no idea how much I love him.

It is weird, though. Is it possible that we did sense each other before we met? Is that just magical thinking?

---------------------

Then the thing that sent me over the top today was watching home videos of waterbirths. They made the delivery feel so imminent. I can imagine it happening at any moment and holding our son in my arms. So I am sold on the idea of doing a waterbirth and recording it after watching these:

http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/water-birth-video.html (watch the second one)

http://wahmdigitalscrapbooks.com/birth1700k.html (there's no denying this one's beautiful)

----------------------

Running Song of the Day: Nineteen by Tegan and Sara (okay, it's really not that good of a running song, but it is a good song)

No comments: