Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Monday 10 September 2007

heavenly weekend in a strange town

It's raining this morning. I am waiting for it to let up so I can go running. I am so lucky to have all of this time off before work begins.



We had an incredible weekend. We went to this horribly commercialized town much like Las Vegas but smaller for a medical conference. Had I been with anyone else, I doubt I would have had much fun. But SR and I got there and we joked about our "wilderness" hotel. I feel like a kid with him. He always brings two candles on plates with us when we go out of town. He says that way he's "got game." So he lit the cheep candles. The truth is I love looking at him in the candlelight. It is a strange feeling to know that we need nothing more than each other to be happy. We talked about childhood. It turns out we both were extremely saddened as children by how fleeting time is and how no one seems to appreciate how quickly things fade around them. Of course, much has been written about living in the moment. And right now that moment is so important to us. I can't imagine being happier than I am now, with SR.

We had wonderful sex and went to bed late. We didn't wake up for breakfast and skipped the morning part of the conference. We had breakfast on the balcony and then morning sex. Then we went running for two and a half hours at a nearby state park. There was a nice lake and winding running trails.



Then we came back to the conference. SR and two other residents from his group of residents won a state-wide medical jeopardy competition. So we are getting a free trip to Washington DC for the national competition!



Later we went to the hotel waterpark with the other residents. It was fun going down the slides and trying to look un-pregnant so I wouldn't get kicked off. The other residents at our program are quite conservative in the sense that most are from India and they had arranged marriages. They look at SR and me with fascination. I'm sure they see us like people in a movie or soap opera, even though we are all friends. We left our respective spouses and I got pregnant two months after SR and I started dating. Certainly this is much different than their marriages.



That night SR and I went to eat Mexican food. We talked a lot about the Beatles, who we had had similar obsessions with at about the age of 13. It never ceases to amaze me how similar we were are and yet we were brought up half way across the world from each other.



Looks like the rain is letting up so I better get running. Here are some pictures of us from the weekend.
The first one is SR with another resident who won medical jeopardy. I'm standing to the right.
The next one is me and it's pretty self-explanatory.

No comments: