Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Wednesday 26 September 2007

I want to play the game. I want the friction.

Just got back from a beautiful 12 mile run. I know I should probably be tapering for the 1/2 marathon this Saturday. But I'm not planning on winning the race, so I don't see a compelling reason to give up this daily joy. I did design a fun shirt on-line for the race, which you can see there to the left. Yes, it is true that part of the fun will be to fly past the notoriously slow middle-aged men and have them catch a glimpse of the shirt. However, if I need to urinate as much as I did today on the run, I don't know that I'll be passing anyone.

It is well-described that being pregnant slows women down when running, but the reason for this is elusive to me. A big component of it, at least for me, is the constant urge to urinate and the pain of gas in the bowels. I'm sure there's more to it than this, though.

Last night I got home and SR had framed and hung up tons of wonderful photos of us together and us with the kids. We joke about what a good man-servant he is, but I must say he took it to a whole new level, considering one was even a photo collage. We went upstairs to look at the photos in the bedroom, one of which we are along lake camping with the sun setting behind us. We were playing around and laughing and before I knew it my running shorts were at my ankles and, you know. Yes, life is good. And he is a good man-servant. :)


Running song of the day: Time is Running Out by Muse

1 comment:

Olga said...

Taper is overrated:) I think you will do wonderfully and surprise yourself. Just pretend it is one of your blissful runs on trails...