Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"Children are fascinated by the ordinary and can spend timeless moments watching sunlight play with dust. Their restlessness they learn from you. It is you who are thinking of there when you are here. It is you who thinks of then instead of now. Stop. Let your children become the teachers and you the student" - William Martin

Share It

Monday, 17 September 2007

marathon 5 months pregnant

I feel great today. I just had a beautiful 13 mile run, with only one stop for torrential rain (oh, and like stops 5 to urinate... the joys of pregnancy). There are some very scenic trails in the woods around here. Anyway, I've decided to run the whole 26.2 miles at a nearby marathon in the Midwest in 3 weeks.
I have consulted ob-gyn doctors and midwives about running a marathon 5 months pregnant, but they all say there is not enough information to advise me either way. As I have stated before, there are so many benefits of exercise during pregnancy. As long as I don't push myself too much or get overheated or dehydrated, I think it should be a great experience.
In other news, we finally obtained some forms for our emigration to Scandinavia. It's much more straight-forward than we had thought. Probably the most challenging part will be for me to learn the language well enough to get a permanent position as a doctor there. But that will be great fun, since I love languages almost as much as I love running.
I'm off to bike and swim now. Yes, the joys of vacation from work continue.

1 comment:

fitpregnancy said...

How was the marathon?? I am thinking about signing up for a half marathon (ill be 6months prego). I just finished a 15k and felt pretty good!