Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Wednesday 21 November 2007

I'm so pregnant

Ankle swelling (or pitting edema as we affectionately call it) has marked a new phase of pregnancy for me. Not only does this swelling make it more difficult to run, but along with it came swelling in other parts of my body. I suppose most notably, the labia, which means impressive camel toe in most of my running pants. While 13 year old boys may enjoy this, I'm not too fond of it on myself. Though it does make sex feel good in a new way.

And then there are these swollen veins below my eyes. I noticed them a couple of days ago and asked SR about them. Immediately he said "Oh, yeah, I had been wondering about those for a while now."

Well that just made me feel great. Obviously they don't look good, otherwise, he would have said a while ago "What beautiful puffy veins you have below your eyes."


Alright, so I'll stop being vain about the veins. But I will just say that I'm glad I didn't worry too much about the lack of weight gain, because now there are about 3 extra pounds of fluid on me. And running has become a more daunting task anyway since it has gotten colder out. (Yes, I'm still running 12 miles a day, plus biking and the rest of the workout). Oh, and I have the worst cold in the world. But I'll come out of the wine cellar now.

We did have a fun night last night. We watched a Nordic Christmas movie with the kids. Then when we went to bed SR and I sat and watched the baby move in my belly. It's almost alien-like how much he moves in there... and how much you can see from the outside. It seems unlikely he will end up being a calm child, but I guess you never know.

Happily, even with the big belly and all the swelling, sex is still great. We are still perfect together.

Oh, those green eyes. I have nothing to complain about. I am pregnant and in love.

Happy Thanksgiving!


Running song of the day: He Keeps Me Alive by Sally Shapiro (okay, she's Swedish, too. Guess it's Swedish music week.)

No comments: