It is my pleasure to finally bring you our tentative race schedule for the upcoming year.
We are not too fine to be talked into or out of anything.
1. Oct. 24, 2009 - Copenhagen 6 hour run http://cph6hrun.blogspot.com/
We have thus far participated in only hilly, technical ultras so it will be fun to see how far and fast we can run on a flat surface. Though it also means we won't have the usual excuses.
2. December 5 - FKBU 8,2 k http://www.fkbu.dk/ by Bagsværd Sø
3. January 10 - Kalundborg Winter Half Marathon http://www.5taarnsmotion.dk/
4. March 24 - Sydkystmaraton - Half Marathon http://www.sydkystmaraton.dk/index.html
5. April 4 - Skærtorsdagsløb 10 k http://www.hgam.dk/
6. April 24 - Chippewa 50k http://www.chippewa50.com/
? May 5 - Trieste Marathon??? Seems too close to Chippewa, but thanks for the invitation, Leslie!!
7. May 23rd - Copenhagen Marathon http://www.copenhagenmarathon.dk/1we.aspx
8. June 18th - Bornholm 24 hour race http://6-24-48-timer.dk/web62448/ (This is on the Danish island in the Baltic Sea north of Poland. I am hoping to use my distance there to represent Denmark in the 24 race world championships... just a litle dream I have)
* I actually signed up for the Western States Lottery for a total of 30 minutes and then took myself back out when I realized there was no way it would work with the kids' vacation time.
9. July ? - Kanal Triathlon - Olympic Distance
10. End of July - Mount Hood 50 mile http://www.pctultra.com/index50.htm There are many races in contention around this time, since we have vacation at the end of July and beginning of August, but we have some family in that area and of course Olga is one of the race directors.
11. End of August - Villa Gallina Løb 14 k in Haslev. No website!
12. Beginning of October - Brocken Marathon in Harz Nationalpark in Germany http://www.harz-gebirgslauf.de/index.cfm?fuseaction=start Thanks to Iris from Germany for telling me what a good race this is.
Running Song of the Day: Strange Overtones by Brian Eno & David Byrne (an unusual and beautiful song)