Photo from Mount Royal, Frisco, Colorado.

"That is happiness; to be disolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep." - Willa Cather

Friday 28 March 2008

Vores hjem

So there wasn't much build-up to the wedding. It was a small event. And it snowed about a foot that day. But over the course of this week, it's becoming clear to me that I've never been so happy. This is of course in contrast to my first wedding, which was huge, and afterwards life basically stayed exactly the same.

As we said our vows, both of us had trouble getting the words out. This time it was tough to tell who was the bigger cry baby. But we got our act together for some pictures.


All weekend it seemed we were living in some fantasy land, where the strange laws of our state weren't working against us anymore, and we were husband and wife. We stayed in a beautiful bed & breakfast in Oconomowoc, Wi, near my parents' house.


So maybe we didn't take that picture. But that is where we stayed.


And The Bois was baptized.


How could I not be the happiest I've been?


This really is what life is about. I just never used to believe it.




I didn't know I'd have more fun baby joggering than jogging alone. I didn't know that I'd look at my wedding ring and smile and want everyone to see it.

SR was at work two days ago and was apparently swapping divorce stories with two co-workers. One asked, "What made you decide to take the plunge again." And here's what he told me he said, "This one's a lifer. She's perfect."


I keep repeating those words in my head, over and over. What is the chance we would both feel the same way?

The first week of marriage has been full of too much work for SR, but we did manage to go to an Afghani cooking class last night. We met a few of the town's elite; the old rich ladies loved to hold The Bois. So we cooked and had some wine and I ate enough Basmati rice for half of the people in the class.

Anyway, I've been out enjoying the nice weather with The Bois in the baby jogger. We've had two 11 mile sessions now. And that is an awesome workout, I must say! After one night of the Bois looking like a lobster, I've decided to put sunblock on him from now on. :)

And I've been listening to nothing but Danish songs as I run. Yeah, it's Denmark we're moving to. I suppose that won't give our identity away. Music has proven to be a great way to help me learn Danish. And we're getting our applications in for work there and my green card equivalent application, now that we're married. We speak Danish about 50% of the time now. SR is such a good teacher.

Two days after the wedding we had a long talk about what it means to his daughter and son for us to move there. We decided we just have to let them know they are always welcome to live with us. We are not moving away from them, we are simply living our lives and wish they could be there with us. If they know we love them and they always have a second home there, I'm not sure what more we can do.

Although I'm okay with telling you where we're moving, I do think it would give our identity away if I said which 50k we're running in April. I'm sure it will be easy to look up the guy and the girl with the same last name at a race that size.


Anyway, I'll leave you with The Bois in his dress and a recommendation for my recent favorite Danish running song:


Hjem til Aarhus by Dodo and the Dodos

5 comments:

Olga said...

Aww...sweet! And dreams are alive:) Congratulations!

Allison Chapple said...

Congrats. I am glad you're so happy!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! May you have many happy and healthy years together!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! : )

Meghan said...

A big, heart-y congratulations to you! The last picture of The Bois is darling. He looks like he's pondering something really important, like perhaps when he might soil his diaper next.

Enjoy married life!
Meghan